Measuring for Blinds
- Does the Window open into or out of room
- Window opening into room will limit options available
- When measuring blinds for glass doors allow clearance for door handle when deciding on required width
- When measuring make an allowance in width for tiling or alarm sensor at recess
- Please ask our assistants for advice
Always use a metal rule or measuring tape as plastic tapes can stretch. Alternatively avail of our prefessional measuring service.
How to install Timberblind
- Select the method of mounting that best suits your purpose (see illustrations A,B,C).
- Measure where you want the blind to hang, make sure that the blind is centered and level. When it is positioned properly, make a small pencil mark at each side of the blind to show where you attach the mounting brackets.
- Hold one bracket (the large faces the floor) at desired height and width you have chosen and mark the screw holes with a pencil. The insert and tighten screw through bracket slot.
- After the first bracket is mounted, carefully position and attache the second bracket. Double check to be sure that it is level with the first bracket and that the brackets are the proper distance apart.
- Pick up the blind and slide the headrail into the brackets. Make sure that the blind cord and the roto tilting collar face toward you. Close the front cap on each bracket. (see illustration D).
To Operate Blinds
Hold cord at eye level and move to left pulling down gently until cord lock releases. Allow cord to slip through fingers until blind reaches desired level. move pullcord to the right and release; blind will lock automatically.
Pull cord downward until blind reaches desired height, release cord, the blind locks automatically.
Rotate “ROTO WAND” on left side of Blind to attain desired slat positions.
Always tilt blind horizontally before raising or lowering the blind, this increases the life of blind.
To Install Valance
After your blind has been installed, attach the matching wood valance by its metal clips or velcro which attach to the headrail.
- 2 mounting Brackets placed at both ends of headrail.
- 1 attachable valance.
- All Screws packed in poly bag.